Social work program
Our experienced social workers are devoted to helping vulnerable children and communities work through challenges they face in everyday life,This is done through ;
- Introducing parents and families to positive parenting
- offering trainings and counseling programs to families members of our children to become more financially stable
- Carrying out different workshops with children in the Imizi center and communities around in different aspects of life eg; sexual health , hygiene , how to deal with emotions in a positive way , advising and mentoring children , etc …
- Help children either individually or in groups by counseling them on different issues
Care taking program
- At the Imizi center, meals are provided to vulnerable children throughout the academic period .
- Ensuring security and maintaining a safe environment at the center,free from harm.This is done by skilled and dedicated caregivers .
- Support on ensuring proper sanitation measures at the center .
This program also helps in fighting malnutrition as one of the challenges facing vulnerable children and communities by operating a kitchen garden for the center .
Imizi center runs one of the best performing primary schools in Rwamagana district ,It is registered as a private school at the Rwanda education board (REB ) and National examination and school inspection authority (NESA) . All students at Imizi primary are admitted on full scholarships.
This program is successfully operated by our young,dedicated and experienced teachers .